Note: *All products featured on GolfOften.com are researched and selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through us, we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.*
Waterproof golf gloves
If you’re looking for the ultimate in golf gloves for all weather performance then look no further than what most folks term as waterproof golf gloves.
These types of gloves are designed to keep water out when playing your round on a rainy day or during a prolonged wet spell.
Most of these types of gloves feature an airtight seal around the cuff of the glove and are often made from leather or artificial materials.
Waterproof golf gloves are generally not recommended for use when it is warm outside as you will find sweat building up under them and adding to the moisture content.
When it comes to choosing the right pair, it all comes down to personal preference. Some golfers prefer their hands to remain completely dry while they are swinging while others just want as little moisture as possible coming into contact with their skin.
There is also a lot of variation in quality between different brands so be sure to do your due diligence before making a final purchase decision. Read on for more information about these hidden gems
Best Waterproof Golf Gloves
If you are looking for the perfect pair of golf gloves, there is an excellent chance you will find them with the choices we have provided.
These are the best waterproof options you can find on the market today, and they are sure to provide all of the benefits you are looking for.
These are all excellent options and they will ensure you do not need to worry about your hands getting wet on rainy days.
You can find waterproof golf gloves in all shapes and sizes. There are also some brands that offer gloves with built-in liners for extra warmth and comfort, providing another option for those players who want their hands to remain dry during their round.
Most waterproof golf gloves will feature a tight fit around the wrist area so that they stay on the player's wrists securely while they are swinging their club.
This will also help to keep out any water or moisture that might try to seep in and ruin your game.
There are many different brands and styles of waterproof gloves available, so it is important to find the right one for you.
When choosing a glove, make sure to pick one that fits snugly and is comfortable to wear. You should also make sure that the glove you choose has good grip so you can maintain a firm hold on your club.
How We Choose
We've done the research to provide you with options to help you choose the one that best fits your needs. Our experts have read through the reviews to find the ones that offer quality, value, and convenience.
We only recommend products that have 4 or 5 stars and are backed by real customer reviews.
Comes With Attached Ball Marker
FootJoy Men's RainGrip Golf Gloves
- The QuikDry II material made of knit that runs along the back of the fingers provides maximum breathability, flexibility and dry-quick comfort.
- A quick remove ball marker provides golfers with an easy solution for ball marking.
- FJ RainGrip gloves come sold in a pair.
- The angled ComforTab closure is specifically placed to provide a precise fit and comfort that is stress-free.
- The autosuede palm made of knit offers an unmatched hold in wet or humid conditions, which conforms to your hand and club to provide a secure grip and optimal control.
Why We're Fans
-The gloves offer a snug fit
-They are waterproof
-The gloves are breathable
-They allow for a natural grip on the club
-They are affordable
What To Know
-They may not fit everyone snugly
Performs When Others Let You Down
TaylorMade Rain Control Golf Gloves
These Rain Control gloves gives every golfer the hold, comfort, and feel to confidently swing in even the most wettest conditions.
You can take on any course under any condition and at any time. You will no longer fear the rain thanks to the TaylorMade Rain Control gloves.
- Will perform when the others let you down
- Provides a 40% stronger hold
- Deliver exceptional grip
Why We're Fans
What To Know
-May not fit all hands well
-May cause hands to sweat
Great Choice for Playing in Rain, Hot or Wet Weather
Finger Ten Women's Golf Rain Gloves
Experience the most technically-advanced combination of feel, fit, breathability and flexibility while wearing Finger Ten JT Rain Grip Golf Glove.
Compression fit, lightweight design fits seamlessly into the golf swing; Angled ComforTab closure and dual elastic band for stress-free comfort; Regular Fit – Golfers with proportional fingers and palms.
- A great choice for playing in rain, hot or wet weather
- With the high quality 3D performance mesh this glove provides a perfect fit to solve your moisture concerns by wicking and providing breathability.
- Comes in two pack or a pair. Sizes Conform to USA standard Regulations
- ALL Finger Ten Products Provide the Amazon 30 Days Return And Change Policy. Finger Ten wants all customers to be 100% Satisfied.
Why We're Fans
-They offer great grip in wet conditions
-They are very affordable
-They come in a variety of sizes
-They have a good warranty
What To Know
-They can be difficult to get on and off
-Some people find them a little too stiff
Moister Wicking, Flexible and Breathable
Calloway Golf Men's Opti Grip Golf Glove
The Opti Grip Storm Series Glove Delivers Maximum Hold in Moist Conditions.
- Imported Leather
- Microfiber Suede Full Palm for an enhanced grip in rainy conditions
- Opti Flex material for a premium fit with enhanced feel and flexibility
- X-Spann material provided between the fingers is moisture wicking while being flexible and breathable
- Opti Fit has an adjustable closure fit that is thin, light and secure
- The Stretch Binding Cuff provides feeling of security while being moisture absorbent
Reinforced Lycra for Maximum Strength & Durability
Zero Friction Women's Storm All Weather Golf Gloves
Zero Friction men's Universal fit glove with ball marker provides control and convenience with the black mesh lycra that is an extremely durable synthetic material that maintains comfortable breathability and the all-weather protection helps keep you on the fairways come rain or shine.
The glove shows minimal wear after repeated uses, specifically in the palm area where many other gloves tend to wear out quickly.
- Includes reinforced lycra for optimal strength and durability
- The premium microfiber suede offers a solid grip whether in wet or humid weather
- Also includes a detachable tee and a ball marker
- Designed with a leather patch around the first finger to provide solid gripping
- The black mesh lycra incorporated throughout the finger, the back of hand and and the palm provide a better fit and enhanced breathability
Why We're Fans
-Allows for a better grip on the golf club
-Helps to prevent slippage
-Provides protection from the elements
-Helps to improve your game
-Can be used by both left and right handed golfers
What To Know
-The unique design may take time getting used to
Repels Rain and Ensures Breathability
Under Armour Storm Golf Gloves
- 85% Polyester,6% Elastane,5% Polyurethane,4% Nylon - Imported
- Hook closure
- Machine Washable
- The UA Storm technology on top of glove repels rain and ensures breathability, while keeping your hands cool & dry in the toughest weather conditions
- The textured construction in the palm is ultra-comfortable allowing for complete playability in moist conditions
- The built-in closure tab allows for the perfect, customized fit
- Construction is seam taping providing for a smooth fit & sleek look
- Gloves are sold in pairs
Why We're Fans
-Great gripping power in all weather conditions
-Flexible and breathable fabric
-Allows for a natural feel of the club
-Seamless palm construction for ultimate comfort
-Performs well in all temperatures
What To Know
-May be too snug for some people
-Can be difficult to put on
Consider the Following When Buying Waterproof Golf Gloves
- Don’t consider a waterproof golf glove if you play a round of golf for less than two hours.
- Always look for a waterproof golf glove that provides a warranty or guarantee.
- Consider sizing your gloves before purchasing them online. The sizing varies from brand to brand and it is typically wise to take your measurements in order to find the perfect size for you.
- Buy two pairs of gloves so that one can be washed while the other is being worn.
Rain Golf Gloves, Are They Worth It?
The answer is yes. If you’re looking for a golf glove that is waterproof and can keep your hands dry in wet weather, these are the gloves for you.
The Best Waterproof Golf Glove for Wet Weather
There are a lot of different brands and models of waterproof golf gloves on the market. Choosing the best golf rain gloves for your needs can be difficult.
You will want to consider how much protection you need, what type of material is used in the gloves, how high quality they are, and finally the price. If you play in warmer wet weather, etc.
When it comes to choosing a waterproof golf glove, you will want to look for something that offers a good airtight seal around the cuff as that helps keep in out when playing in wet weather.
The most important aspect of your purchase should be finding something that fits comfortably on your hand so that you can play without having to worry about them falling off during your rounds.
This should be done with both comfort and dexterity in mind so look for something with thin padding but also something that provides enough support without causing too much friction against your skin when swinging your club.
Your final decision should also include considering whether or not you want a leather or synthetic glove because each material has its pros and cons. Leather gloves are typically more durable but may not provide as much comfort as other materials so choose what is best for you!
Should I Play Golf In the Rain?
The biggest concern with playing golf in the rain is the possibility of slipping on wet grass. With moisture, there is less friction which means it’s easier to slip and fall. For this reason, golfers should avoid playing in the rain if possible because of their safety concerns.
When playing golf on a rainy day, it’s best to use waterproof golf gloves. The most common types of these gloves are made from leather or artificial materials such as neoprene and nylon.
Waterproof gloves offer a tight seal around the cuff which keeps water out while also protecting your hands from any potential environmental hazards such as mud or dirt.
The major drawback with wearing these types of gloves is that they can be uncomfortable when sweating builds up inside them if they are not breathable.
Can you get waterproof golf gloves?
Yes, you can get waterproof/resistant golf gloves. That being said, waterproof golf gloves are not for everyone. For instance, if you’re playing a round in the rain then you’re going to want something that breathes and wicks dry.
You don’t want to be thinking about your glove and rain while you’re out there swinging away. There are other options available like rain and wind resistant gloves or Gore-Tex gloves. These alternatives offer similar functionality but at a much lower price point.
Are golf rain gloves worth it?
Wet weather golf gloves are worth it if you are a player who doesn't mind playing in the rain then rain golf gloves are worth their weight in gold. In my younger golf days nothing kept me from going out to play golf unless the course was closed.
These days I tend to be more of a fair weather golfer. With age comes some wisdom, LOL. If you are one of the many people who like to rain golf, then by all means continue to wear your rain gloves. I do understand why so many people choose to play in the rain.
Golf is a challenge in the rain and we humans like to challenge ourselves every so often. You can't beat a nice day on the golf course but rain will help you have a less crowded course so there's no big hurry and waiting times on the tee boxes are much less.
If you do choose to play in the rain, then I would recommend wearing a pair of gloves from our recommendations.
What is a rain golf glove?
A rain golf glove are water proof golf gloves that protect the hands and fingers when playing golf in bad weather. The glove is designed to keep water out while also allowing the hand to remain comfortable and unrestricted.
A rain golf glove is best for playing in wet or rainy conditions. You'll find that a rain golf glove is best for players who want to keep their hands dry and protected when playing. It's also best for those who want to play in the rain because of its waterproof design.
The main features of a rain glove are:
- Waterproofness – You want a rain golf glove that is completely waterproof so that it can properly protect your hand from the elements.
- Durability – Make sure the gloves are made from a durable material that will last through many rounds of play.
- Flexibility – Make sure the material is durable but flexible so it doesn't compromise on waterproofness or squeeze your hand too much.
- Cuff Design – The cuff of the glove should have an airtight design so it can keep out water and moisture but still allow your hand to breathe comfortably.
- Price – Price will always be a consideration when buying a pair of gloves but you can find some good bargains on rain gloves.
- Feel - Soft hand feel for comfort
Bonus Question - Do pro golfers use rain gloves?
While some golfers may use rain gloves, they are not required to do so. Tour players typically don't wear rain gloves because they don't offer much grip and can make it difficult to feel the club.